into a UK Teaching Job

into a UK Teaching Job

Complete our quick application and find out how Bounce can support you in your adventure to the UK.

Join the Recruiter


Join the Recruiter

The testimonials from our Overseas Teachers speak for themselves. You’re in good hands!

Play Video

Why Join

Bounce Teachers (previously Achieve Education) are proud to be one of the UK’s most reputable agencies, both at home and overseas.


Most frequently asked questions and answers

If you’re planning to relocate to the UK for a long-term/full-time teaching position, you’re not restricted as to where you can live and work. Our placement team services schools across the United Kingdom, which gives us access to a large range of teaching vacancies across all levels of education. If you already have a location in mind, simply let us know in your welcome call and our team will promote you for education jobs in that specific area.

For teachers looking for casual/substitute teaching opportunities, we recommend living in London to maximise the amount of work offered to you. Your dedicated consultant can offer advice about the best areas to live.

If you hold full citizenship from either Australia, Canada or New Zealand, and are aged between 18-30, you’re eligible for the T5 Youth Mobility visa. Full details can be found here.

If you fall outside of the above criteria, you’ll need to be directly sponsored by a school in the UK. If you’re a high school Maths or Science teacher, you’re eligible for the fast track visa and our team is at hand to help you with this.  Click here to find out more.

The T5 visa costs £244 to apply. You’ll also be asked to contribute towards a health surcharge which is your access to the NHS (National Health Service). The health surcharge is £470 per year. As the longevity of the T5 visa is two years, the total health surcharge contribution is £940. The total cost of your application works out as £1,184. Figures correct at the time of writing but will vary depending on the type of visa that you’re applying for.

QTS, or Qualified Teacher Status, is an accreditation given to qualified teachers in the UK; many schools see it as the gold standard for teaching. Upon arrival in the UK, you’re automatically eligible for QTS. You’ll need to provide evidence of your teaching certification and university degree certificates. Our team will support you with obtaining QTS before you start teaching in the UK.

Here at Bounce Teachers, we want to give our Overseas Teachers the flexibility in deciding the type of work they receive, along with the longevity of the assignment. When you register with us, you’ll be asked if you are looking for a long-term/full-time teaching job, or if you’d prefer to start with casual substitute teaching roles. Our full-time positions generally require a 1-year commitment, however, if for any reason you aren’t happy with the school that you are placed in, we’ll support you with finding another school position that’s a better match.